Sclerotherapy in Palmdale, CA
Dr. Katayoun Motlagh offers sclerotherapy at her Palmdale, CA practice to treat and remove varicose and spider veins. Learn more below, or schedule a consultation with our varicose vein removal and spider vein removal specialist using the form on this page. Dr. Motlagh is the best doctor to contact for varicose and spider vein removal.
What is sclerotherapy (vein treatment and removal)?
Sclerotherapy is a simple cosmetic procedure that is often used for varicose vein treatment and spider vein removal. It involves using a chemical called a sclerosant. Our vein specialist injects the solution into varicose or spider veins to cause them to disappear or become significantly less visible.
When is sclerotherapy needed?
Many patients who have varicose and spider veins find them to be unsightly and dislike the raised appearance they have. Sclerotherapy may be a good solution for patients who are looking to make varicose veins less prominent and to smooth and even out the color and texture of the skin where they appear. Sclerotherapy can also be used as a treatment for unwanted spider veins.
Reasons for undergoing varicose vein removal and spider vein removal may include:
- To eliminate or reduce the appearance of veins on the legs, face, or other areas
- To eliminate the pain caused by these enlarged veins, which may include a dull throbbing pain or burning sensation
- To enhance the look of the legs and other affected areas
What do spider and varicose vein treatment and removal involve?
Sclerotherapy works by administering a solution that causes unwanted spider and varicose veins to shrink, which effectively forces blood to reroute to healthier veins. As a result, the treated veins dissolve and are naturally reabsorbed by the body in the weeks and months following treatment.
Sclerotherapy is a non-invasive in-office procedure that takes less than 30 minutes to perform. Sclerotherapy is perfectly safe and FDA-approved. Here’s what you can expect when undergoing varicose or spider vein removal with our vein specialist Dr. Katayoun Motlagh:
- After a thorough consultation, vein specialist Dr. Motlagh will provide a recommendation for what vein treatment she believes will best suit your needs.
- Before treatment, the affected leg or area will be elevated to drain blood.
- Next, the treatment area will be injected with a specialized vein treatment and removal solution using a fine needle.
- Following the injection, you may experience some cramping or discomfort for a few minutes.
- If you undergo spider or varicose vein treatment in just the legs, you may be advised to wear compression stockings for several days or weeks after the procedure.
- Sclerotherapy generally doesn’t require any recovery period, but Dr. Motlagh may recommend that you take it easy for a couple of days.
- In the weeks and months that follow treatment, the treated spider and varicose veins will turn into scar tissue that is then reabsorbed by the body.
Laser vein removal
Today, some patients may be candidates for a new minimally invasive sclerotherapy technique that uses a catheter and ultrasound for the treatment of larger veins. In some cases, you may be able to receive vein treatment using laser therapy instead of injections. To learn more about your treatment options, the first step is a consultation with spider and varicose vein doctor Dr. Katayoun Motlagh.
What are the advantages of vein treatment?
Varicose vein treatment and spider vein removal has the following benefits:
- Enhanced appearance of legs and other places where veins are treated
- Costs less than surgery and requires no hospital stay
- Quick return to work and normal activities
- May eliminate pain and discomfort associated with spider and varicose veins
- Works for the vast majority of people who have the procedure
If you are interested in learning more about cosmetic services with Dr. Katayoun Motlagh, or to find out if you are a candidate for spider or varicose vein treatment with sclerotherapy, please contact our office today or schedule an appointment by filling out the appointment request form right on this page.