Stem Cell Treatment / PRP Therapy in Palmdale & Encino
Dr. Katayoun Motlagh offers stem cell injections / PRP therapy at her Palmdale & Encino, CA practice for cosmetic purposes and to treat a wide range of conditions. Learn more about our treatments and uses below, or book an appointment with our PRP doctors using the form on this page.
What is stem cell therapy?
Stem cell therapy is a regenerative medicine treatment that involves using stem cells to treat or prevent a disease or condition. The most widely used stem cell therapy was first utilized to treat diseases such as leukemia. Today, there are many more medical applications and reasons to undergo stem cell treatment.
What is PRP therapy?
PRP is short for platelet rich plasma. Platelets are one of the solid components found in blood, along with red cells and white cells. Platelets are best known for their importance in clotting blood, however, platelets also contain hundreds of proteins called growth factors. In PRP therapy, doctors isolate and multiply the concentration of naturally-occurring platelets and then reintroduce this enhanced concentration to the area needing treatment, which effectively helps to jump start the body’s own natural healing process.
Why is PRP therapy performed?
PRP therapy’s regenerative properties can be harnessed for both cosmetic applications as well as treatment for other medical conditions, including painful injuries and degenerative diseases.
Dr. Motlagh regularly uses PRP injections to treat a wide range of conditions or aesthetic concerns, such as:
- Hair loss
- Aging, including facial wrinkles
- Acne scarring
- Sexual dysfunction / low libido
- Tendon injuries, such as tendonitis
- Knee, shoulder, hip, or spine osteoarthritis
- Injuries of the back and neck
What does PRP therapy involve?
PRP injections are typically performed in-office and involves the following steps:
- First, blood is drawn from the patient
- Next, the platelets in the blood are separated from other blood cells
- Then, the concentration of the platelets is increased during a process called centrifugation
- The enhanced platelets are then combined with the remaining blood
- Once the stem cell injection is prepared, your doctor will apply the concentration by carefully injecting it in the damaged or injured area
- In some cases, PRP can also be injected during surgery in order to improve healing
- The entire procedure typically takes a few hours, including the time it takes to prepare the concentration
- Patients typically experience relief and/or results will begin to show within three weeks to three months
What are the advantages of PRP therapy?
PRP therapy can be used for a wide variety of purposes: to help heal, to reduce or eliminate the need for surgery, and for cosmetic reasons to rejuvenate areas that need a boost, thus delivering a healthier and more youthful look in the treated area.
Benefits of PRP injections include:
- Reduces pain through a non-invasive treatment
- May eliminate the need for surgery
- Initiates repair and attracts assistance of stem cells
- Infection and allergic reaction are avoided since the patient’s own blood is used
- Recovery time is minimal
Before & After Gallery
PRP Hair Loss Treatment
PRP Acne Scar Treatment
PRP Face Treatment (Vampire Facelift)
If you are interested in learning more about PRP therapy and stem cell injections with Dr. Katayoun Motlagh, or to find out if you are a candidate for this type of treatment, please contact our office today or schedule an appointment by filling out the appointment request form right on this page.