Laser Lipo (Non-Surgical/Non-Invasive) in Palmdale & Encino
Dr. Katayoun Motlagh offers laser lipo, a non-invasive fat reduction treatment, at her Encino and Palmdale, CA practices. Learn more about non-surgical laser lipo below, or book an appointment using the form on this page.
What is laser lipo?
Laser lipo, also known as laser liposuction or the strawberry laser, is an FDA-approved non-surgical, non-invasive cosmetic treatment that is an alternative to traditional liposuction. The procedure targets body fat through the application of a controlled laser to damage and shrink fat cells. This type of procedure may also be referred to as SmartLipo, which is named after the SmartLipo™ laser that is used to perform the procedure.
Why is non-surgical laser lipo performed?
Laser lipo is a cutting-edge, non-invasive approach to liposuction and body contouring. It can help patients achieve the following goals:
- Trim up to 25 pounds of excess weight
- Lose inches off of the stomach, thighs, hips, arms, back and other problem areas
- Re-contour the figure and improve overall body shape
- Remove pockets of stubborn fat
- Reduce stretch marks
- Stimulate collagen production
What does non-invasive laser lipo involve?
If Dr. Katayoun Motlagh determines that you are a candidate for treatment with the non-surgical strawberry laser, you can expect the following steps during each treatment session:
- You will be comfortably seated in a reclined position
- The laser paddles will be carefully placed on the skin in the area to be treated
- Each treatment section takes approximately 10 minutes to perform and some sections may be repeated for a second 10-minute treatment
- Six to ten treatment sessions are typically recommended for best results
How does the non-surgical laser technology work?
Here’s an overview of how non-invasive laser lipo technology utilizing the strawberry laser works:
- Multiple tiny “cold” lasers are applied to the surface of the skin
- The lasers harmlessly and painlessly penetrate the skin just deep enough to reach the layers of fat
- The lasers pass into the fat tissue, stimulating the fat to melt through pores
- Water, glycerol and fatty acids move into the interstitial space beneath the fatty layer in the skin
- Adipocyte (fat) cells are therefore reduced in size
- Liquefied lipids are transported away by your lymphatic system and fat is expelled from the body
What are the advantages of undergoing non-surgical laser lipo?
Non-invasive laser lipo has been successfully reducing fat and contouring the figures of millions of patients in over 30 countries for several years. The non-surgical procedure is approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Strawberry laser treatments can yield noticeable, measurable results in lieu of other surgical weight loss procedures, such as traditional liposuction.
Advantages of the non-surgical laser lipo procedure include:
- Painless and non-invasive
- No restrictions or downtime
- Performed in-office
- Most patients will see a difference after their first treatment session
- Can be used for both men and women
- Uses the body’s natural mechanisms to help lose inches of fat
Laser Lipo Treatment
If you are interested in learning more about non-invasive laser lipo (strawberry laser) with Dr. Katayoun Motlagh, or to find out if you are a candidate for this non-surgical lipo treatment, please contact our office today or schedule an appointment by filling out the appointment request form right on this page.