Botox in Palmdale and Encino
Dr. Motlagh provides Botox injection treatment at her local Palmdale and Encino, CA medical practice. To book a consultation to find out if you’re a good candidate for safe and effective facial rejuvenation with Dr. Motlagh, fill out the form on this page. Learn more about the Botox procedure below.
What is Botox?
Botox injections are a cosmetic treatment that can be used to rejuvenate the facial skin, offering significant benefits for a fraction of the cost of a traditional facelift. Botox is FDA-approved and unlike a facelift, Botox is a short office procedure with virtually no downtime. Often, injection treatments like Botox are offered in non-medical environments, however, it’s highly recommended to only entrust a certified botox doctor with your facial fillers or Botox treatments.
Why is Botox used?
Botox treatment may be recommended by Dr. Katayoun Motlagh, sometimes in combination with other fillers depending on your needs, to address any of the below facial aesthetic concerns:
- Lines in the forehead
- Wrinkles and frown lines between the eyes
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
Botox treatments can also be used for other non-cosmetic applications, including treatment for chronic migraines and excessive sweating.
How do Botox injections work?
Botox is injected into the little muscles of the face in order to limit their ability to move, thus reducing the appearance of wrinkles and folds. Botox brow lift, for example, specifically addresses wrinkle lines in the eyebrow and forehead area. Dr. Motlagh also offers Dysport, which works similarly to Botox.
Botox injections can last for different amounts of time, with further variations depending upon your skin type and whether you’re using any additional fillers at the time of your treatment. Most patients experience results for at least 3 months following one treatment session.
What do Botox injections involve?
Dr. Motlagh always recommends the treatment or combination of treatments that are not only best for the patient but also provide the results they want to achieve with long-lasting results. Sometimes Botox and other treatments are used together in order to treat different areas and deliver more natural-looking results. Other times, Botox alone can give a patient their desired effects. Here’s what patients can expect when undergoing Botox injections:
- After a thorough consultation, Dr. Motlagh provides a recommendation for what she believes will best suit your needs. It is ultimately up to the patient to determine exactly what he or she wants in terms of look and cost.
- If you and Dr. Motlagh agree that Botox would be a good option, Dr. Motlagh will mark the areas to be treated and can get started.
- There is very little pain without anesthetic, but for those who are concerned about needle pain, Dr. Motlagh can provide a local anesthetic so that you don’t feel any discomfort during your Botox injections.
- After your injections are finished, you can leave the office and continue your normal daily activities.
- You may experience some temporary redness, swelling, or tenderness at the injection sites, but this will go away within a few hours of treatment.
What are the advantages of undergoing Botox treatment?
Botox injections is a very popular cosmetic treatment for the following reasons:
- Both treatments help take years off the face, delivering a more youthful and well-rested appearance
- There is no need for invasive surgery and no downtime associated with treatment
- These cosmetic procedures are much less expensive than traditional facelifts
- If a patient is unsure about cosmetic surgery, the results of Botox or dermal fillers can provide a preview of the possible results
If you are interested in learning more about cosmetic services with Dr. Katayoun Motlagh, or to find out if you are a candidate for Botox, please contact our Palmdale or Encino office today or schedule an appointment by filling out the appointment request form right on this page.