Botox Injections & Dermal Fillers
in Palmdale & Encino
Dr. Motlagh offers safe and effective Botox injections and dermal fillers at her local Palmdale and Encino, CA practice. Book a consultation with our facial rejuvenation doctors and specialists today using the form on this page, or learn more below.
What is Botox?
Botox injections and dermal fillers offer many of the rejuvenating benefits of a traditional facelift without the lengthy healing time and at a fraction of the cost. Botox treatments can also be used for chronic migraines and other applications. Botox and many types of fillers are FDA-approved treatments. While these services are becoming more and more common at medi-spa facilities and in other non-medical environments, patients are advised to see an experienced, board-certified botox doctor for the safest experience and best results.
What is the Difference Between Botox and Dermal Fillers?
Depending upon your unique needs and desired results, Dr. Katayoun Motlagh will provide a recommendation for your treatment, which may include Botox injections, dermal fillers, or a combination of both.
Dermal fillers can address the following aesthetic concerns:
- Deep lines from the corners of your nose to your mouth
- Depressions along the jawline
- Circles and bags under the eyes
- Hollowed areas of the face
- Thin lips
Botox injections can address the following aesthetic concerns:
- Lines in the forehead
- Wrinkles and frown lines between the eyes
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
Botox treatments can also be used for other non-cosmetic applications, including treatment for chronic migraines and excessive sweating.
How do Botox Injections Work?
Botox is injected into the little muscles of the face in order to limit their ability to move, thus reducing the appearance of wrinkles and folds. A botox brow lift, for example, specifically addresses wrinkle lines in the eyebrow and forehead area. Dr. Motlagh also offers Dysport, which works similarly to Botox.
How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
Unlike Botox, dermal fillers are injected under the skin, rather than into muscles. They work by delivering a concentration that can temporarily plump cheeks, under the eyes, and other hollow areas in the face that come with age. Some of the brand names for dermal fillers are Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, and Perlane.
Botox injections and dermal fillers last for different amounts of time, with further variations depending upon the type of filler used. Most patients experience results for at least 3 months following one treatment session.
What Does the Botox or Dermal Filler Treatment Process Look Like?
Dr. Motlagh always recommends the treatment or combination of treatments that are not only best for the patient but also provides the results they want to achieve with the longest-lasting results. Sometimes both Botox and dermal fillers are used together in order to treat different areas and deliver more natural-looking results.
Dermal fillers and Botox are both in-office procedures that take only a few minutes for a specialist to perform. Here’s what patients can expect when undergoing Botox injections and/or dermal fillers:
- After a thorough consultation, Dr. Motlagh will provide a recommendation for what she believes will best suit your needs. It is ultimately up to the patient to determine exactly what he or she wants in terms of look and cost.
- Once the Botox and/or fillers treatment has been determined, Dr. Motlagh will mark the areas to be treated.
- There is very little pain without anesthetic, but for those who are concerned about needle pain, Dr. Motlagh can administer a local anesthetic so that you don’t feel any discomfort during the Botox and filler injections. Certain dermal fillers are pre-formulated with an anesthetic, eliminating the need for numbing creams.
- After your injections are finished, you can leave the office and continue your normal daily activities.
- You may experience some temporary redness, swelling, or tenderness at the injection sites, but this will go away within a few hours of treatment.
What Our Patients Have to Say
“Dr. Motlagh is an amazing care provider with a wonderful staff. Everyone in her office has always made my whole family feel very welcome and well cared for. Dr. Motlagh is the type of provider who truly listens and does everything she can have your care and needs met. I highly recommend her!” -Alicia J.
What are the Benefits of Getting Botox or Dermal Filler Treatments?
Botox injections and dermal fillers are popular cosmetic treatments for the following reasons:
- Both treatments help take years off the face, delivering a more youthful and well-rested appearance
- There is no need for invasive surgery and no downtime associated with treatment
- These cosmetic procedures are much less expensive than traditional facelifts
- If a patient is unsure about cosmetic surgery, the results of Botox or dermal fillers can provide a preview of the possible results
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in learning more about cosmetic services with Dr. Katayoun Motlagh, or to find out if you are a candidate for Botox or dermal fillers, call us today at , contact our Palmdale or Encino office today, or schedule an appointment by filling out the appointment request form right on this page. Our local Botox and dermal fillers doctors can help restore your youth.