Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) in Palmdale & Encino
Family Physician Dr. Katayoun Motlagh offers bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) to treat hormone imbalance in women and men at her Palmdale & Encino, CA practice. Book a consultation today using the form on this page, or learn more about the bioidentical hormone therapy below.
What is bioidentical hormone replacement therapy?
Bioidentical hormones are hormones that are derived from naturally occurring sources, such as yams and soy, and are designed to replicate the same chemical structure as the hormones that are produced naturally by our bodies. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) is a delivery regimen of hormones tailored by your doctor, based on your hormone levels.
What are the advantages of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy?
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy benefits may include the following:
- Increased hormonal levels and higher libido
- Stronger bones with less fear of fractures
- Healthier hair
- Improved concentration and memory
- Better sleep
- Less moodiness and irritability
- Reduced fatigue
What are the Symptoms of a Hormone Imbalance?
As a result of a hormone imbalance, you may experience one or more of the following symptoms. These symptoms often coincide with menopause in women and its parallel condition (called andropause) in men:
- Weight gain and decreased lean body mass
- Decrease in bone mineral density
- Limited or reduced energy
- Hair loss
- Low sex drive, diminished libido and sexual activity
- Depression and irritability
- Mood swings
- Sleeplessness and impaired sleep quality
- Poor concentration and deterioration in cognitive function
- Memory loss
What’s the difference between bioidentical hormones and synthetic hormones?
Synthetic hormones that are produced by pharmaceutical companies are different than bioidentical hormones. Pharmaceutical companies can’t patent bioidentical hormones because each BHRT regimen is specifically formulated by a bioidentical hormone doctor to treat each patient on an individual basis. Countless studies have shown that traditional (synthetic) hormone therapy can increase the likelihood of various types of cancer and heart disease.
What does bioidentical hormone therapy involve?
In order to balance your hormones for optimal health and wellness, it is critical to be evaluated by an experienced bioidentical hormone r doctor. When considering BHRT as a treatment option, our bioidentical hormone doctor Dr. Motlagh will take the following steps:
- Perform comprehensive lab testing to check your hormone levels
- Ask you to complete an in-depth initial questionnaire, including medical history
- Create a personalized treatment plan
- Counsel you on proper nutrition and fitness guidelines, tailored to your needs
- Advise you on how to lower hormone levels that are too high
- Provide you with specialty bioidentical hormone creams or pills to replace reduced hormones
Hormones that may be supplemented or regulated with bioidentical hormone therapy include:
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)
- Growth hormone
When is bioidentical hormone replacement therapy recommended?
Many individuals begin to experience hormone imbalance as they reach their thirties and forties. Over the course of your lifetime, you are exposed to a variety of environmental and dietary toxins, which contribute to the natural decline of hormones as you age.
Middle-aged women and men may wonder whether hormone therapy is the right option for them. However, many who have considered synthetic hormones (or who have taken them) now prefer a more natural approach to hormone balance with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. With natural bioidentical hormones, women and men can find relief from symptoms of hormonal imbalance without the risks that come with taking synthetic hormones.
Many factors can contribute to conditions and diseases that can occur at any stage of life, resulting from an imbalance of hormones. Some examples include:
- Adrenal fatigue
- Thyroid disease
- Metabolic syndrome
- Sexual dysfunction
Schedule Your BRT Consultation Today!
If you are interested in learning more about bioidentical hormone replacement therapy with experienced BHRT physician Dr. Katayoun Motlagh, please call 661-947-6400 or click here to schedule your consultation today!