Urgent Care Walk-in Clinic in Palmdale
What is urgent care?
Urgent care is a type of medical treatment for a condition that is not immediately life-threatening, but a health concern that a doctor should see, potentially intervene and monitor immediately. When an emergency health issue arises and causes concern, it’s important to know that you have access to an experienced family medicine physician who specializes in urgent care services in Palmdale and Encino.
Palmdale and Encino family doctor, Katayoun Motlagh, M.D., provides urgent care services for patients of all ages. Our walk-in medical clinic is pleased to offer same-day appointments, as well as Saturday and Sunday appointments. Both our extended hours and our commitment to providing comprehensive and accessible care ensure that our patients can be seen in a timely manner and avoid the Emergency Room.
The hours for our urgent care walk-in health clinics in Palmdale and Encino can be found here: contact us today.
What symptoms and conditions can a family urgent care physician treat?
Family physician Dr. Katayoun Motlagh has expertise in providing urgent care for a variety of pressing medical problems that are non-life-threatening.
Common conditions and symptoms that warrant urgent care at our Palmdale and Encino walk-in clinic include:
- Orthopedic injuries, including sports injuries
- Simple trauma (sprains, simple fractures)
- Degenerative conditions, including arthritis and osteoporosis
- Fever without rash
- Ear pain
- Painful urination
- Persistent diarrhea
- Sore throat
- Severe cough
- Skin rashes and infections
- Minor abrasions or shallow cuts
Dr. Motlagh can also provide urgent medical care in Palmdale and Encino for patients who already know their diagnosis but are in a temporary crisis without medication or having a recurrence of a serious condition, including those with:
- Repeat urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Ear infection (in children or adults with prior ear infections)
- Hypoglycemia or dehydration (in diagnosed diabetics)
- Asthma flare-ups (in diagnosed asthmatics)
- Upper respiratory problems (in those with diagnosed respiratory conditions)
- Arthritis and osteoporosis flare-ups (in those with diagnosed arthritis or osteoporosis)
What’s the difference between an urgent care clinic and hospital ER?
Although many medical problems can be effectively diagnosed and treated at an urgent care walk-in clinic, there are certain situations when emergency services should be called and the person should be taken immediately to the nearest hospital.
These situations may include the following symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulty
- Severe body pain
- Loss of balance
- Difficulty speaking
- Altered mental status
- Suicidal thoughts
- Weakness or paralysis
- Heart palpitations
- Sudden severe headache
- Sudden testicular pain
- Vision changes
- Broken bones
- Dislocated joints
- Cuts that are deep or won’t stop bleeding
- Head or eye injuries
- Severe flu or cold symptoms
- High fever or fever with rash
- Vaginal bleeding during pregnancy
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea
- Serious burns
If you are interested in learning more about the Palmdale and Encino walk-in urgent care services provided by Dr. Katayoun Motlagh, or if you or your child has any condition that you believe should be examined by a family doctor immediately, contact our offices in Palmdale or Encino today. If your health concern is less time-sensitive you can also schedule an appointment by filling out the appointment request form right on this page.