Eating Right This Holiday Season
From decorating cookies with the kids to loading up your plate at the office Christmas party, it’s hard to keep the scale from inching up during the holiday season. Luckily, if you’re reading this it means you know full well how unwanted weight can creep up during this festive season, and you’d like to learn a few valuable tips to avoid it. As a bonus, read on to learn about a brand-new procedure that can help you in the final push to get the fit body you’ve been working on.
How Can I Keep the Weight Off During the Holidays?
You’re not always going to be able to avoid temptation during the holidays. And to be fair, you shouldn’t always deny yourself a few yummy treats every now and again. However, if you can keep a few easy rules in mind, you can avoid the pitfalls of consuming excessive calories from food and drink you may not even want.
- Watch the Carbs: If you have your eye on a gooey piece of fudge, pass on the potatoes or bread during dinner to limit your carb intake.
- Stick to Your Normal Eating Routine: Don’t skip meals in anticipation of the big buffet. Eating normally throughout the day will help you avoid overloading your plate later in the day.
- Make Time for Exercise: You might not be able to find time for a 45-minute workout, so plan on grabbing 10 minutes for yourself to take a walk around the block a few times a day.
- Drink Plenty of Water: You don’t need sugary drinks on top of the sweets you’ll likely be served at holiday events. Try to limit alcohol intake to one drink, and fill up on water the rest of the time.
- Get Your Beauty Rest: Skipping out on sleep makes your blood sugar harder to regulate and can make you more likely to reach for high-calorie foods for energy. Aim for at least seven or eight hours of shuteye every night.
How Can I Lose Those Last Stubborn Pounds?
Even when you do everything right – diet, exercise, portion control, etc. – you shouldn’t be too hard on yourself if those last few pounds refuse to budge. Luckily, 2018 has ushered in TruSculpt iD, a newly approved procedure in the CoolSculpting family designed to melt away unwanted areas of fat.
How Does It Work?
TruSculpt iD melts away fat using monopolar radiofrequency (RF) technology. A wand applied to the treatment area delivers RF waves to fat that becomes superheated and is later naturally eliminated from the body. The procedure is non-invasive and feels like a hot stone massage. Unlike with other sculpting procedures, you can treat much larger areas with TruSculpt iD. There’s no downtime and you’ll notice results immediately with optimal results after 12 weeks.
What Are the Treatment Areas?
TruSculpt iD is perfect for fat removal on the chin, arms, thighs, buttocks, sides, and stomach. Data shows patients can lose about 24 percent of the fat from these areas in one treatment. You’ll also notice tightening of loose skin and reduced cellulite.
If you’re interested in TruSculpt iD and would like to find out if it’s right for you, make an appointment today for a consultation with Katayoun Motlagh, MD. Dr. Motlagh specializes in many types of cosmetic services and can help you choose the right procedure to give you optimal results.